
In our neighboorhood, each of the ladies host a month for girls night out. We have been doing this for three years now and it works out great. It is a great way for us to keep up on everything and of course .. the neighborhood gossip. It always amazes me what topics come up during girls night: who got their house foreclosed on, who in the neighborhood is a "swinger", what our kids do that is super cute, what houses sell for, shopping sales, who's husband got them laser hair removal. Everytime I come home from girls night out my husband always ask - so what was the gossip tonight. We have gotten tame over the past three years - although I was never a wild one.
It can be anything, dinner, movie, just hang out at your house. One of my neighboors that is hosting July is renting 27 dresses and we all have to wear one of our bridesmaid dresses. I think it is a cute idea - what is so funny for me is the only bridesmaid dresses I have in my closet are maternity!
So I am hosting August - any ideas? I want to have it at my house. I feel when we arrange dinner and we all go out we don't get to talk to everyone as much. I was thinking of having a craft night and showing everyone how to make easy valances for the windows ... but then I think it might get to complicated with 12 ladies all sewing at once.
So I am hosting August - any ideas? I want to have it at my house. I feel when we arrange dinner and we all go out we don't get to talk to everyone as much. I was thinking of having a craft night and showing everyone how to make easy valances for the windows ... but then I think it might get to complicated with 12 ladies all sewing at once.
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

4 comments:
I think that the valances would get complicated but what about those letters you cover? Whatever you decide it will be a fun night for all.
what about having a wine tasting? everyone could bring their favorite wine and then tell why they like it? you could have like cheese, fruit, and bread for the girls.
You could do something crafty without sewing. Buy some of those picture frames that you can decorate and get a bunch of acrylic paints and preppy ribbons and fabric swatches and maybe a glue gun or some decopage glue.
Or you can make those memo/picture boards that were trendy for a while - cover a 1.5ft x 2ft or whatever corkboard/tackboard with fabric and then criss-cross ribbon over them in a diagonal windowpane pattern. Can you picture the kind I'm talking about? They can go in a kitchen or office or the kids bedroom to hold notes, pictures, party invitations, etc.
I love crafty!
Just found you through Happy Homemaker's blog...hello!
I love the idea of going to a girls night, working on a project and leaving with something. Could you make those cute trash bags for your car that mentioned?
Let us know what you decide.
Post a Comment