The other day I was taking Matthew and Grace to the pool. Matthew kept saying that we wanted a freezey so I thought I would introduce both of them to one of my favorite summertime memories - Slurpees. It had been so long since I myself had a slurpee. So I took them into the 7-11 and they both got one. Matthew got green (everything has to be green) and Grace got Chrry (my all time favorite). I took a sip of Grace's cherry and in that moment it brought back a bunch of memories. We use to get slurpees on the way home from the beach, my Mom would always buy them for us when we were sick, my Dad would always buy them when he wanted us to be quiet in the car when we would drive looking at houses or in drive in the country. A slurpee makes everything better... even when your older ... you just need the sugar free.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

4 comments:
I love Slurpees! My husband and I were just sharing chilhood memories of Slurpees the other night!
Thanks for sharing!
yay for slurpees!
My kids looove Icees. Are those the same thing?
I didn't know that they now have sugar free!! Those were the days....thanks for the memory!
Post a Comment