
I remember being little and when my Dad was out of town we use to play Little House on the Prairie. My mom would make us oatmeal for dinner and we thought it was the coolest thing ever. We would get our bonnets on, bring our babies down to the table and all eat our "porridge". What can I say but Little House was our FAVORITE show. Or atleast mine. I think Brady Bunch was my sisters.
It is so funny how when Dad is out of town on business the nights become different. My husband is out tonight and I finally have the remote -- can watch what I want. Usually I get a choice A or B (and he thinks he is being nice - although he comes up with A or B). Tonight I was privileged to brush my teeth with "Berry Splash" Little Einsteins toothpaste because wonderful husband took our toothpaste with him. I get the entire bed with all the pillows. The kids are wild and want to stay up later. I think even though they are still so little .. the get that when Daddy is out of town .. our structured night is a little different. But we are so happy when we comes back and life as we know it returns again .. and yes, I have to make dinner. But that is ok. I like family meals. Now ... if I just can get Matthew to eat something different!
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

3 comments:
you're funny! my favorite is definitely the Brady Bunch
We are living parallel lives- I was nodding at almost everything you said!
I was just going to do a post on this entitled "When the Cat's Away" but then the 'cat' called us and wants us to join him in Annapolis so the post will have to wait until after we get back. Thanks for your comment!
I have bought five seasons of the Little House on the Prairie so that when the grandkids come we have something wonderful to watch on TV. Those times were the best of times......
Post a Comment