Our next door neighbors are older than us. One day we were outside and Matthew said Mom, I want to see Mr. Hinkle (that is not their last name). I am like .. who is Mr. Hinkle? So I let it go. The next time "Mr. Smith" came out - Matthew said look Mom .. it is Mr. Hinkle. I had no idea why he named Mr. Smith that. Well - the next time we were watching Caillou - his next door neighboor is named Mr. Hinkle. I just laughed .. it all made sense. So now when Matthew sees him he says with a smile .. Hi Mr. Smith .. you are not Mr. Hinkle.
At our last Halloween block party .. he made this chili and it was EXCELLENT. We are having it this week for dinner so I thought I would share.
4 cans diced tomatoes Italian Style
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
2 cans black beans
2 cans black eye peas (I subsituted Kidney Beans)
1 can Mexican Corn with peppers
2 large onions
1 green pepper
2 packets McCormick Hot Chili mix (they are not really that hot)
1 rotisserie Chicken "pulled"
1 bag Mexican style grated cheese
Mix all ingrediants in a large crock pot and slowly cook all day. Serve with white rice and top with cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

3 comments:
I always like to try different chili...thanks for sharing.
I thought it was going to be Mr Hanky from south park... obviously not!!
How are you & bump No.3 doing? xx
Cute story and what a yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment