Saturday, April 26, 2008

Its a Richmond Thing


I live in the out skirts of Richmond, Virginia. I must say that I love where I live. I grew up in Virginia Beach and then went to school in Blacksburg (Go Hokies). After school a lot of my friends were moving to Richmond - not I .. I thought I am going to move to a real big city and meet new people. So I moved to Atlanta, Georgia (which I loved at the time), then Chicago, Maryland and have come full circle back to Virginia. Richmond has so many great things to offer and is the perfect place to raise a family. Here are some of the reasons I love Richmond ..


1. This is the city where the REAL Santa comes to visit all the children. The Legendary Santa has come to visit Richmond Children since 1936. It is amazing to bring my children to the Santa that I saw growing up.


2. Yes, we live in a place where people still put there high school on their resume. Even if they are 35 years old. I thought it was odd at first - but then I like it. In Richmond, if you went to a private high school people like to put it on their resume and some people even do wedding invitations. Richmond is a small town (in a way) and it is all about networking.


3. Strawberry Hill - Horse Races - Yes, people here still bring their silver to the tailgates. It is all about tradition.


4. Ukrops - It wasn't until I lived in Richmond and realized that I could eat the grocery store premade food for every meal. Ukrops has delicious food, is locally owned to people here in Richmond, host a grand Christmas Parade.


5. We have two wonderful outside malls - Short Pump and Stoney Point Fashion Center. In the winter Stoney Point even has fake snow they make for the kids.


6. No traffic -- compared to my other cities I have lived in.

I will post more reasons to love Richmond later...


No comments: