Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quotes from the day...

Like most mothers, I often find myself starring at my kids while there talking and thinking how beautiful and wonderful they are.  They say some of the most profound and silly things.  Today stood out because so many times throughout the day they kept saying the funniest/cute things.

When I was getting dressed today Will said "Mommy you look like a princess".  I had put on a dress - usually he sees me in jeans and a tee shirt or yoga pants.  I guess I should get "dressed" more often.  So happy in his eyes I was a princess.

Grace told me that she found out that "thunder is REALLY not the angels bowling it is when the hot cloud hits a cold  cloud."

I was using face paint for Grace - and painted a big butterfly all over her face this afternoon.  Will was sitting next to her as I was painting it and he said .. "Gracie you are just beautiful.  Beautiful Gracie.  Gracie I love you  .. you are just beautiful."

So my kids don't go to catholic school and I had to giggle today when Matthew came home and said "Mom two people today broke the ten commandments."  (shocked that he was even thinking about those - since it is not like they talk about it in school).  "Johnny lied to Miss. Sexton and Bobby (using different names) said B U T T."  I informed him that lying was a sin and one of the ten commandments says don't lie.  But saying "Butt" is not breaking one of the ten commandments - it is just a bad word.  So thankful that he still thinks butt (even spells it) is a bad word. 

No comments: