Today I experienced by very first earthquake. Born and raised in Virginia I have never felt one before. Virginia had one today that scored a 5.9. That is big stuff for us newbies. I was sitting here and thought that Max was scratching - making the chair move. I look over and Max is totally asleep not moving. Then I quickly thought it was the washing machine - then I realized I had not done laundry. Then I realized it was an earthquake. It was long and got stronger.
All three kids had different reactions. Will was asleep - woke up hysterical. Grace was silent and white as a ghost. Matthew said, "that is it, I am going to get a taxi and leave .." and walks outside.
The dogs had no reaction at all.
Lots of excitement today!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment