What a great weekend! We had so much fun this weekend (including giving two dogs a bath outside - yes it took all five of us to get the job done). I wish weekends were three days all the time. We talked to the kids about Memorial Day and what it represents. I don't want them just to think that Memorial Day = Pool Open. It was so great to see so many people on our street hang their flags. Democrats or Republican we all come together with our flag.
In addition to a history lesson the kids had lots of pool time this weekend. Swim Team starts tomorrow and both kids (who wanted to do it) now have reservations. I don't care if they even compete but I want both of them to improve their swimming skills.
I just can't wait till Matthew gets out of school. Grace's last day is Wednesday. I am super excited about summer this year. Maybe it is because Matthew is in K and gone every day. I can't wait just to hang with them.
Our summers will be filled with:
Swim Team
Fireflys
Pool
Flavor-Ice (we just bought a box at Costco for the summer)
$1 Movices
Late Nights Outside
Lazy Mornings in our PJs
Beach
Family Trips
Busch Gardens
Crocs
Ice Cream Trucks
Rita's
Arts & Crafts
Grilling Out
Laughter
White Bottoms and Tan Bodies
Memories
Feeling the Grass between our toes ..
What will your summer be filled with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment