After last nights speech - here is my thought for the day:
"What they are trying to do is to create an America very unlike the America that has existed for centuries-- the America that people have been attracted to by the millions from every part of the world, the America that many generations of Americ...ans have fought and died for." -Thomas Sowell, an African American Dr. of Philosophy in Economics and a social commentator (a quite good one at that)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a 35 year old wife to Rob and mother to Matthew, Grace and Will. We live in the South and have one hectic life .. but love every minute of it. I love being a mom, decorating, sewing, paper stationary, cooking, gardening and making things pretty.

2 comments:
Very, very, very well put!
Oh, VL. I'm not sure what to think. I have enjoyed your blog as I live in NoVa. I even have you in my Favorites. But, really? After hearing our president explain his vision and some ideas for helping the citizens of our nation retain their health so we can all be free to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, this is with what you walk away? Wow. Or, did I get that wrong and you were alluding to the disgraceful very ungentlemanlike behavior of the hecklers and sign-holders. I guess the question for you is - To which "they" are you referring; and, by "good one" I'm now wondering what you meant by that? My young sons (5 and 8) were watching (how sad that this nice little educational opportunity was ruined - I guess it was still educational, just not in the way that I'd hoped) - I was embarassed and had to take time to explain why grown-ups (elected officials no less) behaved so disrespectfully and appeared to be so angry. (I tried to spin is as a disagreement on how to keep all americans healthy rather than the chaos being more closesly related to politics and/or race. No easy task. I'm not sure my 8 year old bought that.) My children were were actually disturbed by the visual and audio (!) displays of hostility toward the president. (This is why I don't let my boys watch sessions of Parliament on CSPAN:) - My 8 year old is aware of Lincoln and Kennedy's assassination and is absolutely concerned that Obama may be, too. I trust you are having these conversations with your older son, too. Being a good mother in 2009 is not for sissies!
Post a Comment