Friday, April 3, 2009

The third baby ..

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. So many times during this pregnancy I have felt guilty that I wasn't "in" to the pregnancy. When you are pregnant with your first you read about the baby's development each week, sit and dream of you little one. You have more time on your hands to be all about your pregnancy. I remember being pregnant with Matthew counting down the days until I went to the doctor. Looking at the ultrasound pictures - 100 times. That just doesn't happen with the third because you are so busy with your other two kids.

However, the coolest thing about having the third baby is that are born into a family anxiously awaiting their arrival. The first baby makes you a family. The third has a family already built. He has a loving brother and sister asking for him everyday. For the past week Matthew ask - is today the day Will is coming. The kids kiss my belly. Grace tells me everything she is going to do with Will - hold him on the sofa, sit next to him in the car, give him milk and his paci. Matthew said he wants to teach him soccer.

As we live life we learn. I guess the moral of the story I learned - is with the third child you aren't into your pregnancy because you realize that is not the best part. The best part is having your little person right here .. right now. We want him to come join our life and family to complete us.

1 comment:

3gand1b said...

How true, how true........